Agricultural and Food Economics is a 100% Gold Open Access journal. Publishing is not without costs, and the journal currently levies an APC of €1020/£860/$1245 for each article accepted for publication. Authors do not typically pay the fee themselves; multiple payment options exist.
- SIDEA members pay €100. To receive this funding, members should enter a code, pre-arranged with the Society, on submission.
- Non-members of SIDEA who affirm they would like Society support pay €650 upon entering MS-SIDEA-JAFE-0219 on submission.
- Alternatively, if your institution is a SpringerOpen member, enter your affiliation on submission to receive a discount; amounts vary by institution and cannot be combined with Society funding.
- Authors can also request a waiver/discount, based on unavailability of research funding and/or country of origin.
- Authors can accept the waiver charges and pay using research funding.
APCs are charged on article acceptance. For further details, see our article-processing charge page. SpringerOpen offers a free funding and support service to help authors discover and apply for article processing charge funding. Visit our OA funding and policy support page to view our list of research funders and institutions that provide funding for APCs, and to learn more about our email support service. The way your APC is covered has no bearing on the editorial outcome of your submission.